New Venue at Dreams Hotel; File General Discussion Items before Dec. 3
Posted 11/22/10 by Pelican Paulie
Residents desiring to initiate the discussion of an issue during this year’s Colonos general assembly are reminded to register the topic with the Colonos by Dec. 3. Residents wanting to vote must register either on Dec. 6,7,8 at the Colonos office in person and with identification. Proxy documents are also accepted. Please see the process (1) highlighted below in the verbatim announcement:
PURSUANT TO THE PROVISIONS IN ARTICLES 38, 40 AND 41 OF THE CHARTER OF THE ASSOCIATION OF RESIDENTS, HOMEOWNERS AND BENEFICIARIES OF PUERTO AVENTURAS, A.C., ITS MEMBERS ARE HEREBY SUMMONED TO THE MEETING OF THEORDINARY GENERAL ASSEMBLY TO BE HELD AT “SALONES PLAYA OF THE DREAMS HOTEL” LOCATED IN PLANO 02, MANZANA 18, LOTE 5, PUERTO AVENTURAS, QUINTANA ROO. ON SATURDAY DECEMBER 11, 2010, AT 9:30 AM HOURS ON FIRST CALL. IN THE CASE THERE IS NO QUORUM, THEN THE MEETING WILL BE HELD AT 10:00 ON SECOND CALL.
1.- MONDAY 6, TUESDAY 7 AND WEDNESDAY 8, OF DECEMBER, 2010, WILL BE THE ONLY DATES FOR THE OWNERS OF HOMES, VACANT LOTS AND CONDOMINIUM APARTMENTS TO REGISTER IN PERSON, SHOWING AN IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENT, OR THROUGH A PROXY, WHO MUST PRESENT A SIMPLE PROXY DOCUMENT, VALID FOR THE DATE OF THE ASSEMBLY MEETING, WHEREIN THE POWER IS GRANTED BEFORE TWO WITNESSES, AS WELL AS COPY OF THE IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENTS OF BOTH, THE GRANTOR AND THE PROXY.
2.- THURSDAY DECEMBER 9, 2010, WILL BE THE ONLY DATE FOR THE HOTEL REPRESENTATIVES AND THE MANAGERS OR REPRESENTATIVES OF THE CONDOMINIUMS TO REGISTER, SHOWING COPY OF THEIR APPOINTMENTS.
3.- REGISTRATION WILL TAKE PLACE AT THE ASSOCIATION’S OFFICE, LOCAL 12, BUILDING “F”, MARINA SHOPPING CENTER CONDOMINIUM IN PUERTO AVENTURAS, QUINTANA ROO, WITHIN THE HOURS OF 9:00 TO 14:00.
4.- UPON REGISTRATION, ATTENDANTS WILL BE GIVEN A REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE THAT THEY WILL USE TO ACCESS THE ASSEMBLY ROOM AND WHICH WILL SHOW THE NUMBER OF VOTES REPRESENTED.
5.- PURSUANT WITH ARTICLES 36 AND 37 OF THE ASSOCIATION BYLAWS, IS INCLUDED IN THIS PUBLIC NOTICE THE INVITATION TO REGISTER AS A CANDIDATE OF ANY POSITION OF THE NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS OR COVER THE VACANT POSITIONS SINCE THE PUBLICATION OF THIS NOTICE UNTIL FRIDAY 3 OF DECEMBER 2010. (THE CANDIDATES MUST PRESENT THEIR REGISTRATION FORM AT COLONOS OFFICE OR SEND IT BY EMAIL TO: email@example.com, NO LATER THAN FRIDAY 3 OF DECEMBER 2010 AT 2:00P.M.) THE CANDIDATES REGISTERED MUST FULFILL ARTICLE 37, SECTION VI.
PURSUANT TO THE PROVISIONS IN ARTICLE 46 OF THE CHARTER OF THE ASSOCIATION OF RESIDENTS, HOMEOWNERS AND BENEFICIARIES OF PUERTO AVENTURAS, A.C., THE ASSOCIATES SHALL BE ADMITTED TO THE ASSEMBLY HALL IF THEY ARE CURRENT IN ALL THE PAYMENTS OF THEIR MAINTENANCE AND CONSTRUCTION FEES.
THE ASSEMBLY WILL BE HELD ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. ROSTER OF ATTENDANCE, APPOINTMENT OF TALLY-CLERKS AND QUORUM CHECK.
2. REPORT OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS ON THEIR ACTIVITIES DURING 2010.
3. REPORT FROM THE VIGILANCE COMMITTEE.
4. PRESENTATION, REVIEW AND IN SUCH CASE APPROVAL, OF THE FINANCIAL STATEMENTS UP TO OCTOBER 31ST 2010, AND PRESENTATION OF THE EXTERNAL AUDIT FOR THE PERIOD FROM FEBRUARY 1ST TO OCTOBER 31ST 2010.
5. PRESENTATION, DISCUSSION AND, IN SUCH CASE, APPROVAL OF THE EXPENSE BUDGET FOR THE PERIOD FROM FEBRUARY 2011 TO JANUARY 2012. IF APPROVED, IT SHALL BE COVERED WITH THE RESULTING MAINTENANCE FEES.
6. PRESENTATION, DISCUSSION AND, IN SUCH CASE APPROVAL TO APPLY RESOURCES FOR THE STREET LIGHTING PROJECT.
7. PRESENTATION, DISCUSSION AND, IN SUCH CASE APPROVAL TO APPLY RESOURCES FOR THE CHILDREN PLAYGROUND PROJECT.
8. ELECTION OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS Y AND VIGILANCE COMMITTEE FOR THE PERIOD FROM FEBRUARY 2011 TO JANUARY 2013.
9. GENERAL MATTERS ARE NOT INCLUDED TO BE VOTED. SO, ALL THE ITEMS THAT WANT TO BE DISCUSSED, HAVE TO BE REGISTERED AT COLONOS OFFICE BEFORE DECEMBER 3RD, 2010.
10. APPOINTMENT OF THE PERSON WHO WILL DRAFT THE MINUTES AND HAVE THEM CERTIFIED.
MR. JORGE KAUFER
Park issue gathers supporters
Please advise your readers & friends who may be leaving soon as per the following email I sent to park committee members, but applies to all agenda items:
The former owner of the now-defunct SiSiSi restaurant here, Harris Dempsey “Butch” Ballow, has been indicted again along with nine others, including his wife, Robin Harless Ballow, 56,, by a federal grand jury in Houston, Tex., on allegations of stock fraud executed while Ballow was a fugitive from justice from the United States.
A Department of Justice press release said two separate but related indictments were handed down on Oct. 26 charging Ballow and others with eight counts of conspiracy and wire fraud related to a 7-year scheme selling stock while Ballow was a fugitive. The indictment also alleges sale of stock, land and ownership interests in a real estate development that never materialized. The SiSiSi was allegedly part of that scheme.
The press release says, “The indictment alleges Ballow moved to Puerto Aventuras, Mexico, in 2008, but disappeared in July 2009, just days after convincing an investor to wire transfer $5 million to E-SOL. According to the indictment, in October 2009, Ballow reappeared in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, where he lived in a luxurious golf resort until he was arrested by Mexican federal police on July 13, 2010. He awaits extradition to the United States. Warrants remain outstanding for the arrest of Ballow’s wife” and others. The Justice Department reminds that an indictment is a formal accusation of criminal conduct and not evidence. A defendant in the U.S. is presumed innocent unless and until convicted through due process of law.